7pm: Tchaikovsky Movt 1
7:45pm: Tchaikovsky Movt 4
8:15pm: Tchaikovsky Movt 2
8:45pm: Tchaikovsky Movt 3
Prepared parts on Dropbox can be accessed by clicking on the links above.
NOTES FOR MUSICIANS TO DOWNLOAD/READ PARTS
• If you are new to International Music Score Library Project (imslp.org), they have a trove of online public domain materials available. While we are using their materials for reading purposes, our “official” concert music will be separately edited (bowings, etc.) and put in a Dropbox for you to conveniently access from our www.newsymphony.org website (under “Current Repertoire”).
• TO FIND YOUR PART ON IMSLP, navigate to the linked page (or simply search for the composer and title on their website). The site will first list available PERFORMANCES; scroll past those to the SHEET MUSIC area. Click on the tab “Parts” or, occasionally, “Arrangements and Transcriptions.” There may be several different part sets available, so either check which one is recommended by NewWSO, or else find the best version.
• imslp.org has a “subscription,” but you can access parts even without one. The subscription simply allows you to skip the 15-second waiting process. Be sure you look at the TOP of the “waiting” page and you will see a countdown. It is easy to miss.
• Once you have found the correct part, your browser should give you options to either download, export as PDF, or print it. If you wish to read your part on your smart tablet or iPad, there are a number of helpful apps that you can use (for a purchase price). I use forscore, which should have apps for Mac and Android.
Dues for all musicians are $350.00 annually, payable in full or in 2, 3 or 4 installments. Monthly and daily fees are also available; please see the treasurer, Dan Prener. We accept payments from Zelle, check, credit, or debit card. Additional donations are welcome; tax forms will be provided if requested.
· Remember to bring your mug for tea and coffee! It will save our budget and the environment at the same time.
· Do you have leftover tea, cookies, and snacks in your kitchen? Bring them as well! We will dispose of them expeditiously. ;-) **NOTE: "Carry In - Carry Out" Rule: Any treats that you carry in, please remember to carry out when you leave! We cannot store leftover food!
In light of changed conditions, the Board has decided to remove restrictions involving Covid. We continue to encourage vaccination, booster shots, and self-testing, and will respect those who wish to wear a mask. Do not attend rehearsal if you think you have symptoms of Covid, or any other potentially contagious ailment, or if you have tested positive.
When you attend rehearsal please remember to:
· Bring your music - no extra copies are available
· Bring a stand, a stand light, and a pencil
· Arrive early to set up and be ready to play at 7:00pm
· Return your chair to the stack in the back of the room when you leave
· Check our Rehearsal Details page before Wednesday to note any changes in schedule
All instrumental parts and bowed and edited string parts are located on our Web site under Current Repertoire. Members will be expected to bring their own parts to every rehearsal. If you have trouble printing or finding music, please contact Nancy Eisenman.
New Westchester Symphony Orchestra
P.O. Box 157, White Plains, NY 10602
Copyright © 2024 New Westchester Symphony Orchestra - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder