April 5, 2023
No chamber music rehearsal this Wednesday due to Board meeting
· Taking a hiatus or planning to be gone for a bit? Let Conductor know! He can organize sectionals for those that can make it.
· Remember to bring your mug for tea and coffee! It will save our budget and the environment at the same time.
· Do you have leftover tea, cookies, and snacks in your kitchen? Bring them as well! We will dispose of them expeditiously. ;-)
Chamber music: Besides a wind quintet, Mendelssohn’s String Symphony No. 7 will be featured on the Chamber Music Program. Mendelssohn wrote these pieces when he was an early teenager, but they are, like Mozart’s works, pure genius. Here are the part assignments:
Violin I: Lissa Pasternak
Violin II: Nancy Benson and Liz Klippert (doubling throughout)
Viola: Frazier Stephenson
“Bassi” (which means cello and bass): Arnold Berman, Dan Schiavetta, Susan Kahn and Ayman Elgamal.
COVID Safety Protocol
All musicians must be fully vaccinated (including boosters). Masks are now optional at rehearsals for all musicians. Do not come to rehearsal if you have symptoms or know you have been exposed to someone with COVID. We recommend that everyone self-test prior to each rehearsal.
When you attend rehearsal please remember to:
· Bring your music - no extra copies are available
· Bring a stand, a stand light, and a pencil
· Arrive early to set up and be ready to play at 7:00pm
· Return your chair to the stack in the back of the room when you leave
· Check our Rehearsal Details page before Wednesday to note any changes in schedule
All instrumental parts and bowed and edited string parts are located on our Web site under Current Repertoire. Members will be expected to bring their own parts to every rehearsal. If you have trouble printing or finding music, please contact Nancy Eisenman.
Dues for all musicians are $350.00 annually, payable in full or in 2, 3 or 4 installments. Monthly and daily fees are also available; please see the treasurer, Dan Prener. We accept payments from Zelle, check, credit, or debit card. Additional donations are welcome; tax forms will be provided if requested.
If you are aware of an upcoming absence, please notify the Conductor, Steven Huang, and Orchestra Liaison, Nancy Eisenman.
New Westchester Symphony Orchestra
P.O. Box 157, White Plains, NY 10602
Copyright © 2023 New Westchester Symphony Orchestra - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder